Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ham Sandwich = <3

I recently started eating meat again, in preparation for my big adventure in the beef capital of the universe. And what was I most excited about? Duh, the ham sandwich of course.

One day about a year ago, I was lamenting my vegetarianism as I dealt with a craving for a ham sandwich. And not just any ham sandwich. A Dave's ham sandwich. [drool] And as hard as I tried to supress the feeling, it was all I could think about for a pretty damn hot minute. In true Erica form, I was very verbal about my craving, and my friend Ali (who now lives in Buenos Aires!!!) wasn't having any of it.

"Goddamn it, Erica!" she screamed at me. "You know, if your body is craving a ham sandwich, that's just your body telling you that it needs a ham sandwich, so you need to eat a goddamn ham sandwich!"



At the time, I told her she was an idiot, and pushed through, opting for some sort of eggplant dish.

But now... well, I'm thinking she may have been onto something...

0 comments: