Friday, December 19, 2008

Official Masshole

3.5 years after moving to Massachusetts from Oregon, and less than 2 months before I leave the country, I have become an official Masshole.


I am weeping with pride!!!

Yes, I went to the RMV and got myself a Massachusetts driver's license, because my Oregon one expires in March. Possibly the best part of this is the fact that I'm not only leaving the country, but I just had my Banks St address put on the ID, even though I'll only be living there for like 1.5 more months. So basically, it is the most obsolete ID ever.

More pride!!!

And-- oh, the pain!-- they took my Oregon license away from me! I begged and begged, smiled, pouted, winked, and offered sexual favors (j/k?), but the girl simply would not budge. She had to pry the thing out of my desperate little hands. After a farewell kiss, I was forced to accept that I will never see my precious Oregon ID again.

This is a big deal. Oregon was a huge part of my life (I lived there for 5 years), and it's likely that I'll never live there again. It's looking more and more like I'm going to be a Masshole 'til the day I die. Well, minus the whole moving-to-South-America thing. That license was a souvenier from that time of my life, the tangible proof that I was once a stinking goddamn hippie.

Le sigh.

At least I still have my other nostalgic treasure, my University of Oregon ID. No one can take that away from me! And if they do, I make no promises that I won't go all kinds of Chuck Norris on their ass.

0 comments: